Monday, June 17, 2013

Acceptance /Nerual


Sometimes the faintest goodbyes are the ones heard the loudest. The subtle brushes with history the most painful and the vaguest memories the most vivid. How does one prepare to let go of what was never truly grasped. The hope of reconciliation pried from a weak grip that could never truly hold on to the past. I was reminded of this today when a faint dream became more of a reality. I don’t know if the dream was truly a precursor to what reality confirmed today. I would hope so but reality planted its seeds months ago. I believe that maybe this seed had just received enough nourishment, and in turn its roots sprouted deep into my subconscious.

Never the less alignment of my dream with today’s discoveries is all too perfect. As perfect as an arrow or gunshot ever was when it ricocheted off its unintended target to its main focus. I supposed I could weep in this discovery; however weeping is not what is needed. Acceptance is what is needed. For not to accept this reality would only prolong the nightmare of denial. So I accept this today. I embrace the change of separation and I let all emotions attached with that change precipitate upon me. Hopefully this rain will be a healing rain. Maybe it will be a cleansing rain? If neither then let rain simply reign.

" If rain drowned me in emotions over again and again. I pray it always rains so that my swimming would not be in vain." - Kevin Burns Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment